Haverford Township Information Center - Courtesy of 4th Ward Commissioner Dan Siegel

Deer & Other Wildlife

Haverford Township is home to numerous wild animals, including deer and other wildlife, and the Township does offer limited assist residents in trying to control these populations. I have also worked with the Animal Warden, the Pennsylvania Game Commission and others to help when the population of these animals raises concerns.

The Township Animal Control Officer works in the Health Department and can be reached at the Health Department, Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at (610) 446-1000, Ext. 2205, or through the Police Department at (610) 853-2400 any other time. 


Large or Small Cages can be rented from the Animal Control Department for a $20.00 deposit for residents experiencing problems with domestic and/or wild animals on their property.

There are only a limited number of cages, which are distributed on a first come first served basis, and trapped animals are picked up by the Animal Control Officer. Contact the Health Department to inquire as to the availability of a trap or to be placed on a waiting list. 


Below are some articles provided courtesy of the Game Commission.









counter on myspace