Delaware County Reassessment
Delaware County Common Pleas Court Judge Charles B. Burr has ordered the first complete reassessment of all property valuations in Delaware County since 2000. The reassessment, which will become effective January 2021, is the result of a pair of assessment appeals filed by residents of Haverford and Rose Valley.
Reassessment in Haverford
Delaware County has contracted with Tyler Technologies Inc. to digitally photograph the exterior of every residence in the County and validate the County’s exterior data. The reassessment-related photography is scheduled for February 5 to 23, 2018 in Haverford Township.
According to the Delaware County Board of Assessment, the goals of this aspect of the County-wide reassessment are to:
- Improve the overall quality of property tax data and assessments
- Complete a property inventory of all improved residential parcels in the county
- Save taxpayers money by making the property tax administration process more efficient
- Assist homeowners and businesses with “before” photos in case of losses
- Enhance emergency management recovery reports necessary for state and federal assistance
- Validate property addresses to identify homes for fire, police, and medical emergency response.
If you have questions, please call the Delaware County Board of Assessment Office at (610) 891-5695.